Monday, March 22, 2010

Yesterday

Yesterday, I cut my ex's hair. No, that's not a metaphor for something I dwelled on, or even something I thought of in depth until I was in that moment.

We had gone back and forth talking about his hair for about a week. He wanted something cute, I wanted him to trust me to cut it short. We both knew that he needed a change for his hair.

I had never cut someone else's hair before. (for the record, I had cut my own, so I knew what to do and how to make it look good.)

It was an odd experience. Almost intimate. The detail of work. Quite eerie in a 'we used to be intimate & now we are friends' way; it's hard to put into words. I mean it's not every day that you rub someone's head to make sure their hair is evenly cut.

All in all, it took about 15 minutes, and we were both pleased with the results. I just feel a little strange because I'm trying to get over him & the situation. I don't know.

I feel alone right now. I'm not dating because I'm too busy with work, and I just want someone that wants to do nice things for me & wants to spend time with me. Is that too much to ask?

2 comments:

Steven Anthony said...

it's not to much to ask, and we all deserve love....it will happen for you;)

Dean Grey said...

Steven is right!

It's not too much to ask AT ALL, Dane!

Stay away from your ex's hair! He's not worth it!

-Dean