Monday, January 11, 2010

I was just reading this blog and couldn't help but think, why do we do things to our lowest common denominator? Why do we live our lives this way? Why do we settle so much sometimes?

I constantly find myself (and others) living not to our fullest but to our lowest. We can attract the most people if we speak plainly, write horribly, and dress in the basest form. Think naked pictures. People always look because we're wired to the lowest. I find the organizations to which I'm involved and where I work sometimes trend down language, but we want to raise the consciousness and awareness of people. I want to have intelligent conversations but can't seem to find many people available to do so.

How can we change? Do we want to change? It seems to me this is a fundamental issue in our society.

No comments: