Sunday, January 10, 2010

2010 update

I'm constantly amazed by how much can change in such a short amount of time. I started the year with a lot of plans and expectations and I've since thrown most of them out.

Things with CW took an odd turn; we're still kind of talking but he saw his ex over the New Year and that brought up a whole wash of emotions that neither of us were expecting. We had a long talk and he said that he didn't want to lose me and I told him I'd be patient and wait for him. It's hard to down shift after we've spent a lot of time together & getting to know each other. Now he's going through some personal stuff and trying to go back to school so I'm definitely going to take a spot on the back burner. I will keep my word; I just don't want him to move on and forget me.

We still have plans made for some future events, so there's hope.

That's the thing about expectations. If you have them, you'll constantly be let down. I really succeeded at letting go of a lot of expectations last year and need to keep focusing on that so I don't get hurt in the future.

Remember my philosophy: 'let be'. It will all work out.



Keep the questions coming. I had fun answering them today. Click here to ask me anything.

1 comment:

buffguy said...

that's a good philosophy. I've always tried to follow it, and shit always works out for me. Myabe not when I want or how I want, but it does.

The Beetles have a song about that (and Mary to) Let It Be.

Que sera, sera.