Monday, December 21, 2009

I Don't Know

who that Debbie Downer was in my last few posts but I apologize on his(her) behalf. It was a moment of temporary overwhelming sadness and I haven't seen that in a long time (or since).

This month has been a busy one. Holiday parties, dressing to the T's, drinking til I can't see straight, holiday parties, cooking, football, snuggling, wine, beer, shivering, wine, holiday parties, shopping. And that's not even considering the opening at work that happened last Thursday. Needless to say I've been busy busy!

I've also started seeing a guy (nick)named CW. He's incredibly sweet, grad student, 24, shorter than me, and a GREAT cuddler! We've been on 3 dates and so far it's been awesome. He's a dog person, a Scorpio, and likes that I can cook. We kind of just melt into each other when we see each other. It's kind of awesome and I can't wait to see where it will go.

I feel the sentiment of this article totally. It's been one Hell of a decade, both personally (losing my 3 remaining grandparents, coming out, etc) and communally (gwb, 9/11, Katrina, Iraq, Afghanistan, codified hatred in our legislation, etc.). I'm looking forward to 2010, not for the change of a decade (as the past two changes haven't been anything much) but for the opportunities that the next decade will bring.

New jobs, new loves, new cities, new travels, new technology, new equalities, new knowledge! I just can't believe I will have lived in 4 decades as of Jan. 1, 2010 (80s, 90s, 00s, 10s)!!

1 comment:

Steven Anthony said...

Damn that debbie she seems to visit us all at times...

So happy you are dating, sounds very promising;)

peace