Monday, December 7, 2009

Blown Away

I've loved "The Battery's Down" for the entirety of the 2 seasons on YouTube and think the series finale was the most AMAZING! I've been in tears all night. Oh and BTW, Congrats to Jake Wilson for finally coming out! Here's some lyrics from that awesome episode:

"Close your eyes and it's over
Close your eyes and the moments passed
So let it all come, and let it all go
Soon it will have been too fast, too fast

[...]To celebrate life, to celebrate people,
In love, Fighting For LOVE, wasn't it always about love?
This is your life!

Eyes are fully open, darlin', but all I can see is you
Wishin' and prayin' and hopin' darlin', to find me some dream come true
And its you

This is your time, look around you
You've been so lost and it's time you found,
The thing that you want, but what do you want
Is it fame? or is it applause? No something tells me it's love
This is your life!

Eyes are fully open darlin, but all I can see is you
Wishin' and prayin' and hopin' darlin', to find me some dream come true
It's not the life I thought I'd see, but I was blind before
It's not the life I thought it would be, but no it's so much more

I vow to be there for my friends, I vow to love,
To love, to love, to love, to love, to love, to love, to love, to love, to love

Eyes are fully open darlin, but all I can see is you
Wishin' and prayin' and hopin' darlin', to find me some dream come true
It's not the life I thought I'd see, but I was blind before
It's not the life I thought it would be, but no it's so much more

Eyes wide open, all I see is you
Eyes wide open to a dream come true

Eyes wide open, all I see is you (This is your life, yeah it's cliche)
Eyes wide open to a dream come true (But it's all you think about all damn day)
Eyes wide open, all I see is you (So don't you go now, and throw it all away
Eyes wide open to a dream come true (All Away, This is your life)
You're gonna be okay!"


The line Soon it will have been too fast, too fast really hit me like a ton of bricks. I really want to fall in love and yet feel hopeless in that department. I guess it's always calmest before the storm. LOL (I love mixing metaphors).

Oh yeah, and one of my old college buddies offered me free rent and a great paying job if I move...to China! That would be a trip!!

4 comments:

Steven Anthony said...

wow those words brought a tear to my eye.....I really understand the desire to fall in love, but feeling like it will not happen.....china, ???

Dean Grey said...

Dane!

I never heard of this show until now. What's it about?

And would you really move to China just like that?!

-Dean

Dane said...

It's about a recent college grad (University of Michigan Music Theater) who is trying to get cast in a Broadway show. Most of his friends are getting cast so he has to go through the journey of jealousy, being offered riches, and coming out. It's so well written, has a great soundtrack (available on iTunes) and cute people (Broadway stars!!) in it!

I don't know what to think about China. I don't have many anchors keeping me here in Oklahoma (other than family and friends), and I'd have a job and a place to live and it would be an ADVENTURE!!

Dean Grey said...

Dane!

It would most definitely be an adventure but moving to China is such a dramatic change!

Just make sure you've thought about it before making a decision!

-Dean