Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Bashing

There was another gay bashing this last weekend, this time in Tulsa. 2 women and one man attacked a gay man with hateful language, a knife, and their mouths (she bit him); luckily he only sustained minor injuries and was able to get to help before bleeding too much. He has alerted the press (which has done a reasonable bit) about it, and Facebook is all a buzz about it. It's just sad hearing about this continual abuse and not knowing what to do about it.

I WON'T LIVE IN FEAR!
I WON'T COWER IN SILENCE!
I WILL STAND UP! AND FIGHT IN THE HALLS OF JUSTICE, IN THE LEGISLATURE, & THE DWELLING BETWEEN PEOPLES' EARS! THAT IS WHERE CHANGE MUST OCCUR! WHERE IT MUST HAPPEN (AND SOON!)

5 comments:

Steven Anthony said...

I WON'T LIVE IN FEAR!
I WON'T COWER IN SILENCE!
I WILL STAND UP! AND FIGHT IN THE HALLS OF JUSTICE, IN THE LEGISLATURE

AMEN!

Dean Grey said...

Dane!

Ughh, it's news like this that really scares the shit out of me.

I'm kind of girly so most people know I'm gay right off the bat. I'm ALWAYS concerned some drunk/pissed homophobe will target me because of it.

I try not to live in fear but that's easier said than done sometimes!

-Dean

Dane said...

Dean,
I totes understand that. It's hard to not live in fear; but there's hope.

The President is finally signing into law the Matthew Shepard Act!

There's a lot more to do but it's a decent start.

I do believe I'm going to purchase a gun in the next year though.

Dean Grey said...

A gun, Dane!?!!!?!!!!?!!

-Dean

Dane said...

Yeah a gun; happiness is a warm gun.

I would keep it only at the house, unloaded too. I have had multiple safe hunter courses and would have to get a concealed weapon license in OK (which means another safety course).