Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Where was I?

Oh yeah, lol, well OU lost on Thursday night in a very close (and underplayed by OU) basketball game. I almost got punched because when I was in line for beer with my friend Annah, this guy cut and when I called him out on it, he completely went off on me. I just rolled my eyes and turned around and then he started yelling at Annah (who actually knew him even though he was from the other school). It was ridiculous and I'm sure he felt like an asshole when he realized who he was talking to. I guess it's good to know good people (Annah is definitely one of them); we had fun at the game overall.

Friday was a stressful day at work and I really just felt under supported and overstretched by my coworkers (especially since it's not even my department under deadline). I ended up staying there for over 2 hours beyond my usual schedule. But the day quickly turned around when I went to a wine/dinner party at my friends house. We caught up (he and his bf got a puppy, so cute) after not seeing each other in almost 2 months. We each finished a bottle (or 3) and had a blast, going out to the bars (this is where things get a bit blurry)...

...As it turns out, I have about 4 or 5 dates* coming up from that night. I guess I was feeling confident and definitely talked up a few of the guys I've been crushing on for a long time. Who knew?
* One of these dates is actually with a straight-identified guy who I worked on a campaign with last fall. He's cute and we'll have fun drinking scotch and watching movies.

Saturday I laid low to recover and prepare for the upcoming week. Basically wrapped up all of the loose ends from Friday night (calling back those guys I got dates with and trying to get those set up lol).

I worked on Sunday and Monday way too much (19 hours overall) while fighting off a cold and ended up staying home today because my head cold moved to my chest...so I'm recovering from my recovery. My boss thought I was retaliating from her yelling at me yesterday (and while that would be fun/nice, it's not true. I feel like shit so I guess it's all on her). It seems that I get sick on holidays lol, I wonder why.

Happy St. Patrick's Day!
(Pinch me, I haven't worn green all day.)

No comments: