Thursday, May 15, 2008

F5

Refresh.

I feel refreshed. As I've stayed with my parents for the past 3 months, I've had to do a lot of soul searching. I had to look hard at why I couldn't make a bad roommate situation better and why work sometimes would frustrate me to the point of crying and taking it out on my parents. And I've learned that sometimes it takes just letting it go and moving on. I guess what I've been trying to say over the past few days is that I've got baggage that I'm dropping off because I don't want or need it any longer.

I'm not in love and I'm not in pain.
All I know is that there is life to gain.

Plus it can't hurt that my boss and parents (two biggest stress triggers) are out of town until next week!

I feel really bad about the Myanmar situation and sad that the Junta army is willing to let it's people die (by waiting to let aid in and then hoarding it) rather than take care of them. It's an exercise in insanity.

The Chinese have really done well in reacting to their disaster (and actually will have better PR during the Olympics) and it's sad that they can't help send aid to Myanmar due to their own tragedy.

The press has been comparing these tragedies to the one in New Orleans in 2005 and it's sad that we didn't do better than the Chinese but our response is somewhere between China's and that of Myanmar. NPR has had some great reports from China and actually had 2 reporters on the ground during the disaster.

No comments: