Wednesday, April 16, 2008

A Marine's Visit

*I could get fired for telling this story, so bear with me.

I received notice about 3 weeks ago that my friend JH was going to be coming to town to visit me. He said he was going to fly in on Wednesday and leave on Saturday, giving us ample time to see each other. Well as this time approached, I got jury duty (was dismissed due to lack of cases) and work was really going through a busy time. I just knew that I wasn't going to be able to spend very much time with him unless I told a story. I told work that I still had jury duty on Thursday and Friday, and I told the parents that I was staying in the city because I was too busy and didn't want the extra 45 minute round trip drive each day.

Needless to say, I was very happy and relieved when JH got here. A little background: I met JH through a blog back in 2004 when we were both a little bit younger (I was 21 and he was only 15, birthdays notwithstanding). We had no physical contact until this point, when I am 25 and he is 18. We had chatted through the years about his and my coming out, his joining the marines, my travels and such and wanted to meet each other finally. I made sure to always tell him that we couldn't talk about sex and that I was very reluctant to even be friends with him at first because of the age difference. I didn't want to go to jail for being a perceived pedophile. We waited until he was legal to even really talk about sex (him a gay leaning bisexual and me a homo).

Come to find out, he was visiting to tell me in person that he is being shipped to Iraq on May 5th. I was (and am) heartbroken because I didn't want him to join the marines for this very reason. He's actually in one of the most dangerous jobs which is more heartrending..

We ate a lot and had sex a bit and just basically enjoyed each other's company while I showed him around my hometown. It was fun but I knew that his trip would be cut short due to a family emergency that played out while he was here. I don't know if I'll ever see him again (whether due to physical constraints such as time and space, or if he'll lose his life in Iraq) but I do know that I love him and it's hard to put into words. I was happy to meet him and know him and miss him. It's interesting to see how he's changed since we first met but I don't yet know how he'll end up. He's got a few more years of development yet and then he'll be even more awesome than he is currently.

That's all for today..

1 comment:

B said...

Interested to hear if anything more happens with this one in the future.