Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Strong Tug

Ok so I finally took some pictures and I will be putting them up on the blog after I get them cropped and sized down a bit.

Today I had one of those moments where I had one of the strongest urges in my life. I actually felt like my life wouldn't be complete without this experience/set of experiences/job change. I haven't had a tug this hard since I felt compelled to go into not-for-profit work (this one was probably larger.)

It was a feeling of relief and of urgency and of the unknown but not afraid of and something that I could see myself doing long term. I want to be a builder. I want to create great green homes out of materials that are commonly available to us which will be inexpensive (relatively) and will provide people with a warm safe place to live for many years to come.

I think I've felt a bit down today ever since because I haven't been able to pursue what I really want to do today. I'm wondering if I shouldn't go back to school and become an architect or go into building engineering or look for a green building management program on some coastal school. Anyway, I think this is an exciting opportunity that will take me as far as I'd like in the future...(and I want to end up in Chicago...soon!)

No comments: