Thursday, January 17, 2008

My Decision

Well it's been a tumultuous week and I finally decided on Tuesday night that I will be breaking my current lease (first time for me) and moving in with my friend. I've thought long and hard about it all, and the only person trying to poo-poo my idea is my father. He believes that I'm going to get sued and that my financial situation is going to be in bad shape for a while. I fortunately have found a loophole in the Oklahoma law books and will be able to break my lease without any problems. I'm moving! It's definitely up, to the seventeenth floor...I'm going to have a gym, a pool, hot tub, a track, a concierge service, covered parking(!) and a roommate that cooks, cleans, and has the same taste as I do. I guess my dad does have a point, and he and my boss kind of agree that I'm making myself a bit liable, but my thought is that while I liked my current place, I would rather have a place that's already put together. I can only imagine what my mother is going to say about it all, lol. It's my life, my finances, and my situation. I think this move will benefit all three.

So I'm putting apartment therapy on hold, moving from an old place to a new place. I will still be making strategic purchases, just putting those items that won't go into the new place into storage.

Great news on the Blogger Meet-Up event in Chicago...I just learned today that the Museum of Science and Industry in Chicago will be presenting a temporary exhibit that I've been wanting to see since it was unveiled in San Francisco. It's called Green Home, and it's an exciting and fun exhibit that will hopefully change the way we build and live in homes. It will be running from May 2008 until January 2009, so I will definitely get to see it!!

I hope to continue to meet great bloggers from all over the nation and maybe some will pay attention if I put a pic of a hot man up on the top of posts...One guy did recommend that I should put my favorite place on as my header, so I might put a pic of great abs...haha. That should complete the update for today..

1 comment:

Christopher said...

I am very much looking forward to the Chicago Get-together this summer as well. I stumbled across your blog a few days ago and it took me a while to figure out how to leave a comment as I'm off on another blog site, but I was extremely impressed with the blog and you as well.

As for the apartment and lease, I have a feeling that you know what is best for you and your situation. Thereby, making anyone else's opinion second rate for you decision.

As for the image at the top of your site...there is already a hot young stud in the upper right hand corner; what more do you need?